Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Comcast HDTV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Comcast HDTV

    Just wanted to let you guys know I've had the Comcast HDTV/DVR tuner box and they have added the local channels to the HDTV lineup. Fox, NBC, ABC and CBS are in Hi Fef, was watching Seinfld at & and it's a world of difference! WOO HOO bring on the NFL All games in HDTV this fall!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    What all HD Channels are they offering? I didn't know that the Tri-Cities Locals went HD yet?
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    Tri-Cities networks have been HD for quite a while.

    I'm sure Comcast is charging an arm and a leg for their service as well.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    Doesn't cost me anymore than what I was already paying. I think the digital package is just like $10. That's the channels from like 100-200, the digital music channels, and the HD channels.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    You'll need a different receiver than their standard digital receiver to utilize HD signals.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    Right. I thought you were just talking about the cost to have the basic channels. I'm still stuck in the stone age with my viewing capabilities. I don't have a monster hd super tv like you've got. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    [ QUOTE ]
    You'll need a different receiver than their standard digital receiver to utilize HD signals.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] not if your tv already has the intergrated tuner as you've stated [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and that is awesome [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    How many HD channels are they offering and moreso, what format are they offering it in, is it 720p, 1080i, I would doubt it is 1080p?

    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    Now here you go getting all technical... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have no idea about any of that German you just spoke, but from what you asked that I could decipher, I think they have 10 channels available right now.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •